Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Bluebonnet prisoner

I love to listen to the fascinating converstaions my six year old students have with one another. A few weeks ago I read a story to my kids about bluebonnets. We had a discussion about how it was illegal to pick bluebonnets in the state of Texas because bluebonnets were the state flower. Anyhow... today three of my students were arguing over whether or not you could pick a bluebonnet. And the conversation went a little like this:

Student 1: You can NOT pick bluebonnets! They are the state flower.

Student 2: Yes you can. They are just a flower.

Student 1: You will go to prison if you do.

Student 3: (sarcastically inturrupting) Ummm....you aren't supposed to pick bluebonnets, but you won't go to prison! (Deep voice) Hey man what are you in for? (soft voice) I shot somebody, you? (Deep voice) I picked a bluebonnet.... (his voice) Nope... don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment