Tuesday, November 30, 2010

"Cricket" in my neck

I haven't blogged in over a year, and I think it is so sad because there have been so many stories that I could have shared. The things that happen in my classroom couldn't be "made up," and I have been blessed to have recently witnessed particular "happenings" that have inspired me to start back a bloggin'.

Today I woke up with a terrible crick in my neck. I couldn't move my head even one inch to the left. My head was practically glued to my right shoulder. I didn't think much about my kids really noticing, but I have slowly come to the realization that there aren't many things my kids DON'T notice. So we were doing calendar, and my back was to them for a few seconds and when I turned around they were all doing the motions to our calendar songs with their heads on their shoulders. It was pretty much hilarious, and I considered letting them continue calendar in that fashion but decided against. So I stopped calendar and explained that I had slept on my neck wrong, and I woke up with a crick in it. I noticed a little while later a little girl in my class was acting really strange. I finally asked her what was wrong, and almost tearfully she responded, "Well, is it going to come out?" I didn't really understand, and so I asked her, "Is what going to come out?" To which she responded.... "THE CRICKET!"

It was a lovely conversation trying to console and convince her that there was no cricket in my neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment