Wednesday, October 7, 2009

"I saved you from gettin' embarrassed!"

Anyone who has ever taught elementary school probably knows that sometimes the "funnies" that take place in our classroom often come at our own expense. It was my first year to teach, and I had recently gotten a cute new dress to wear to school. It was trendy but still casual and COMFORTABLE! All the girls in my class went on and on about how "BEAUTIMOUS" I looked (which does numbers for the self-esteem) and the boys were very polite and told my how pretty I was. Needless to say, I was feeling pretty good. Anyhow, it was time to line up for recess, and I bent over to tie one of my kid's shoes... and somehow when I stood back up there was part of the back end of my dress wedged in a place it shouldn't be. Now of course I did not notice, but things like that don't go unnoticed by 6 year old children. I began to walk out of the classroom when one of my little girls screamed, "MS. GUINN! DON'T MOVE!" she ran to my side and with out hesitation ripped my dress out of my crack, turned to the rest of the class and proclaimed, "HER DRESS WAS IN HER CRACK!" then politely turned back to me and stated, "I saved you from gettin' embarrassed!"

Thank you for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment